1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Help with Media PC

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by bpendrak, Jul 30, 2015.

1. bpendrak

bpendrak Newbie

I have an Alienware Alpha PC connected to my HDTV and would like to use it as a media computer for my movies. At this point, I don't need to stream the content or anything like that; it will only be used within the room where the PC is located and on the devices that are wired to it. I am wanting to rip all of my Blu-Ray discs onto an external HD and would like all functionality to be maintained (menus, extras, bonus content, languages, etc.) using some type of 3rd party software with a nice UI. I figure that I will need to rip the discs as ISO files. Is there media software that will use ISO files as I am asking? Any help or ideas is appreciated!

2. Mez

Mez Active member

What you need to do is build a virtual drive then you can mount the iso file as a disk and play it with what ever you normally use. You can download the drivers for this at Microsoft. This is a simple and free solution. You can avoid all those pesky compatibility issues you may find with a trickier solution. The nice part storing them on an ISO is you can also burn them 2 a disk if you have the money for something that might fade in a few years or less.