1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with menu in TMPGenc DVD Author

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by trop25, Feb 29, 2004.

1. trop25

trop25 Member

I have a problem when I´m creating a menu i TDA. If I use the predone menu called "double track 1" I have 2 options (play all tracks or chapter menu". But when I´m creating my own menu I don´t manage to create a double track menu, on the first menu page I only will have "play all" and nothing else. Am I doing something wrong or is it the program? Since I´m new at this I really need someones help. If I can´t do what I want with TDA any suggestions of a better program that is not to difficult to handle.

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

TDA will do what you want, you just have to make the right choices.

When creating the menu:
    1 - select Double track 1 (as you have been)
    2 - click Display menu settings
    3 - on the General tab, set the options
    4 - on the Chapter display tab, set the options
    5 - on the Motion menu tab, set the options
    6 - click OK

There you go...

Byeeee....

3. trop25

trop25 Member

Hi
    and thanks for the answer but I´m afraid it didn´t help me. When I want to create a new theme I can´t get anything but play or play all on the first page. I want a button simular to the theme "double track 1" that says "chapter meny" and one that says "play all".
    I can´t edit the buttons in "double track 1". That is my problem.
    Can someone help me?

4. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

I am still confused as to what you really want.

You cannot edit ANY of the predefined templates.

What you CAN do is choose any image you want as the background image (which has at the correct place a button image that says Chapter Menu).

You can also change the image for the Play All button (seperate from the background image).

When creating a new theme, choose for the top menu Layout 6 #3

You will then have a main menu with a Title field, an Untitled Track 1 field and a Play All button.

The positions of all of these items can be changed, as can their sizes, colours atc.

using a combination of the above, you can achieve what I percieve as your requirement.

Have Fun...

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is just more of the same:[/small]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2004
  5. trop25

trop25 Member

Hi again!
    I know now what changes I can do if I choose one of the templates that TDA has. But if I want to create my own and want to have it simular to "double track 1" with one button "play all" (thats no problem) and a button that says "chapter meny" (thats my problem).
    In "double track 1" if I choose "chapter meny" it takes me to another side where I can choose chapters.
    When I try to edit my own template I dont know how to get these two buttons on the first page. Can someone please help me?

6. drchips

drchips Active member

The PLAY ALL button is supplied by DVD Author, you can change its position, its size, you can use a different image for the button.

The Chapter Menu button that you want has to be created from a combination of things.

Create your background image in something like Paintshop Pro.

On that background image, create a button image in the position you want the buton to be - the button should have some text on it that says Chapter Menu.

Import that background image into your menu.

Your menu will have 4 items showing:
    1 - the background image you have imported
    2 - a Play All button (bottom right somewhere)
    3 - a Title field (use or delete - your choice)
    4 - a track field.

You will be using the track field to emulate a Chapter Menu button.

Edit the menu.
    Drag the track field so that it overlays the embedded image of your Chapter Menu button
    Edit the track field, choosing a text size that allows the field to cover the button image, by typing all SPACES into the field.

Bingo!!

When the menu is run, the track field , when selected (the track field is transparent, but will highlight yellow when selected) will call up the Chapter menu.

Have Fun...