1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with movie quality

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by np3502, Mar 19, 2007.

1. np3502

np3502 Member

i just started to use anydvd and clonedvd2. when it scans the movie i keep gettin quality around 45%. i know you want to be above 70 and i have deleted commentary, subtitles, and some audio but it is still aound 60%. i also tried it with dvdshrink but about the same results. i have tried a few mvies and most of them have the same thing happen. how can i get a better percentge?

2. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

If you are doing "movie only" and have deleted director's comments, foreign language, unwanted audio, etc you have done all you can for a SL disk. I believe the compression ratio for Shrink, Nero Recode, and CLONEDVD2 are very similar. If you want 100% quality, suggest you go to Double Layer (DL) disc.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Not sure about Clonedvd2, as i dont use it, but if u use shrink and use the quality settings it does a decent job with 60%-70% compression rate.
    will take a little longer but get a better picture.
    [​IMG]

of course u cant get a better picture than with DVD-rebuilder pro w/CCE

4. philly37

philly37 Regular member

np3502 have you tried burning a dvd and then checking the quality yourself? I usually do the whole disk and i get somewhere between 50ish to 70ish percent. The quality still winds up being good for me. Ive never had any pixelation going on while im watching a movie

5. carlvo

carlvo Regular member

I have to agree with philly. I usually get between 55-60% as well and the picture quality looks great to me. Don't see any problems at all. Take your 60% and run with it. I honestly do not believe that you will notice any difference in the picture if it were 10% higher.

6. np3502

np3502 Member

thanks for the advice. i will see how that works out. just from what people have told me it needs to be higher but if everyone is getting those percentages i guess thats about right. ill let you knwo how it goes