1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with mp3 on LG VX9800

Discussion in 'Other mobile phones' started by Nancy14, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Nancy14

Nancy14 Member

I seem to have a problem accessing my music once I've downloaded it to the minidisc. Once I put it into the phone I get message saying "NO SONGS FOUND IN MEMORY CARD". I tried formating the card like the instructions says but even that asks for a code which I never got or was assigned to. Any help or input wil be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. theman24

theman24 Member

To solve your problem the code is the last four # of your cell. I also found its easyer to just download your music files using a card reader instead of the bluetooth. Hope this helps you out.

3. morrielm

morrielm Member

Did you get MP3 to work on your VX9800? I am unable to get mine to work as well. If you got yours to work, can you tell me your secret? The manual stinks when it comes to this.

4. Nancy14

Nancy14 Member

Hi, I got it to work by converting the files to MP3 files and you can accomplish that by going to: www.SmartAudioConverter.com
    and downloading the software for converting it and then transferring to your card. Hope this helps, let me know how it works out.

5. Krystovar

Krystovar Regular member

If you got your MP3's through iTunes (either you downloaded them or ripped your own CD's) they won't be recognized by the phone.

You can convert them with Windows Media Player, or any other type of MP3 converting software, as longas it doesn't use a CRC check when encoding them.

Check out HowardForums.com for TONS of mobile phone info. It's probably the biggest message board around.

6. lkitrixtr

lkitrixtr Member

I added some MP3s to my phone, and it worked fine. but when I added more after that the phone just rebooted after trying to acces them

7. hazmatcop

hazmatcop Member

Chech out the reply I sent to, heck I forgot his name, 9800 MP3's or something like that. They have to be in MP3 format, I use itunes to convert them for WMA's etc. But remmeber you can't convert DRM's. They should be in / able to be played in Quick Time. Put you card in P.C. RT. click your files & send them to your "New Drive" When done, go to "My Computer" open your "New Drive" and drag & Drop the file's into the oppropriate folder (s), Safely exit "New Drive" / "My Computer" and safely remove you card & reader by RT. clicking the "New Hardware" icon on lower taskbar, but card back into POWERED OFF phone, turn it on & every thing should be were they belong providing the files are in the right format; i.e. MP3, 3gp, jpeg, midi. AT the sd memory cards website, they have a program called "Rescue Pro" it' a free evaluation download that recovers "lost" files on your card. I used it, it works great ! hope i helped; good luck ;~)>