1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with mp3 pro

Discussion in 'Audio' started by gordie, Mar 21, 2004.

1. gordie

gordie Member

hey folks,my mp3 pro trial has run out on my nero 5 software meaning i cannot now upload tracks to my pc in mp3 format, i wanted to buy the encoder but isee i can only get it from the states!
    Any suggestions or should i just start using windows media player.

Thanks for any advice

Gordie

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i recently search for a new compression technology other than mp3. i did tried mp3pro, and i think its crap. at last i decided on oggvorbis for video and stick with either wav or flac for music

3. gordie

gordie Member

whats flac?

4. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

If you want to keep on using Nero for CD -> compressed files on PC you can use plugins for different formats form http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org, e.g. lame mp3 plugin.
    You can find several plugins for lossless audio compression formats like Flac or Monkey's Audio there too.

If you want low bitrate (-> small files) like 64kbps, you might want to upgrade to Nero 6 with the included (HE)AAC encoder (no trial version!)

5. gordie

gordie Member

cheers

6. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i think itunes can encode aac too, i think.

7. gordie

gordie Member

i'm getting confused, none of the mentioned above plugins worked when i tried to open them up using winzip, i think i'll try and look for wma plugin for nero.

8. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i've nero 5.5, and its main purpose to me is only for burning files, i do my encoding with different software.

try dbpoweramp

when you say uploading tracks in mp3 format, i really don't get it, are you ripping it from cd ?

then try freeripper

9. tigre

For extracting auido from CD and converting to mp3 or similar there are several specialized sollutions, e.g. the already mentioned dbPowerAmp or EAC and CDEx (for encoding to mp3 all three use lame encoder).

Here are 2 step-by-step guides for EAC and CDEx:
    http://doc.hydrogenaudio.org/wikis/hydrogenaudio/RippingGuide

10. gordie

gordie Member

What i'm trying to do is, i like to have my music files stored as mp3 instead of wav for space saving reasons, i used to start up nero express and upload from audio cd via the add tracks to hard disc option on nero express, i used mp3 pro and then once the trial ran out my only other options were wav and wma,however i.ve recently learned that i can rip from cd via the nero media player,in mp3 format using fraunhofer encoder,i tried a couple of tunes and thought the quality was decent enough, i havent tried yet but i pressume when i burn a cd via nero express,nero will automatically convert these files from mp3 to wav so the cd can play on a normal cd player.

Any thoughts are most welcome.

Cheers.

Gordie.

11. jimboco

jimboco Member

Thanks gordie, you just solved a problem for me!
    My Nero mp3pro trial had run out also and I couldn't save from Nero Wave Edit as MP3, but I had this vague memory of still encoding to MP3... it must have been when I ripped a CD via media player!.
    Nero should convert MP3 back for CD audio, if not try using Windows Media Player to copy to CD audio.
    Just installed Lame plugin for Nero, so hopefully 'all will be well in the garden'

12. gordie

gordie Member

Hold on a sec, how did you manage to install the lame plugin for nero?,i couldnt get anywhere with the lame download,i had to install db poweramp so i can rip to mp3

13. EsirnuS

EsirnuS Guest

lame encoder works fantasticly with EAC or Audiograbber or the like free downloadable cdrippers.

that is if your not dead set on using nero

14. gordie

gordie Member

I cant get the lame plugin to install

15. tigre

gordie, just to be sure - are you talking about lame plugin from http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org?

To install it, simply put the .dll to the folder where nero audio plugins are located ("Nero Burning ROM version 5.5.9.0 or higher is required for all plugins."), should be C:\program files\shared\Ahead\Audioplugins or similar. If you can't find the folder do a search for "VQF.dll" - and put lame_enc.dll to the directory where VQF.dll it is located.

If it still doesn't work, give a detailed description about what you've done and what's the problem, please.

16. gordie

gordie Member

i cant get anywhere with the download, i take i click on "the lame project" then my dowlad programme just wont download the file and i'm not sure how to turn it off!!!

17. gordie

gordie Member

I think i have now managed to download the file, but now winzip wont open it as it it saying this file does not appear to be a valid archive. i'm totally stuck now!

18. tigre

19. gordie

gordie Member

I have the zip file on my desktop but as i said winzip is just not up for opening it up for me.

20. tigre

Works here, just checked. Re-download (without/another download manager?), check if your antivirus program messes with the downloaded file somehow, try another Archiver, e.g. IZarc (http://www.izsoft.dir.bg/download.htm)...

Or ask someone to email the uncompressed .dll to you (but don't post your email adress publicly here on the forum, please - otherwise you'll receive spam floods).