1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with mp3 pro

Discussion in 'Audio' started by gordie, Mar 21, 2004.

1. gordie

gordie Member

Do you have the file? i could give you an alternative e mail address

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Sure. PM me your email

3. gordie

gordie Member

i sent you a pm but not sure if it worked or not as the next page came up with some kind of error,let me know.

cheers

4. gordie

gordie Member

Cheers for that tigre,i can now get dbpoweramp of my system,its strange though that i have to use the encoder through nero express, the default encoder for the media player is still franhauffer.

5. tigre

To make lame mp3 plugin handle everything related to mp3 you have to deactivate default mp3 plugin.

In the same folder where you've put nxlame.dll, rename the mp3*.dll files e.g. to mp3*.dlx. I'm not sure which one (e.g. mp3PRO.dll) is the one you have to disable. Try one after the other and check how Nero Media Player behaves, until you've deactivated the right one.

6. gordie

gordie Member

i changed them all but it still tried to use fraunhofer,i did change the mp3pro files to dlx files but no change,i cant seem to find the fraunhofer dll file!?!?

7. tigre

I don't use Nero Media Player and I've done this a wrong time ago, so I might be wrong...
    There should be some *mp3*.dll in some Nero folder that's used for encoding. I've done a search here and found NeMP3Dmo.dll and NeMP3Hlp.dll in <program files path>\Ahead\Nero\ folder. I can't check myself because I don't have NMP installed ... If you don't find a sollution and don't get an answer here, you might want to ask at http://www.hydrogenaudio.org. Some Nero developers arround there.

8. gordie

gordie Member

I tried posting in that forum but no luck i'm afraid, looks like i'll just have to rip via nero express.!