1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with my Hauppauge WinTV tuner card

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by squizluke, Jun 3, 2004.

1. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

I have a Model 44804 Rev. C108 Hauppauge WinTV tuner card. I want to use to record TV show to my hard drive and maybe later record them to vcd. The card came with WinTV capture software however the quality is crap. I later tried using NeoDVD to capture and the quality is better but still what i want. What i want to know is how can i make it capture at better quality. do i?
    A: Need A better Tuner Card?
    B: better Software?

If i need better software can someone please sugest somthing. Freeware would be great.

I think these forums are great and i thank everybody for trying help each other out.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Yeah thats Hauppage for you. I had one .. dont use it anymore.

As for recording, you can (if ur hardware is up to it), surprisingly, get a pretty good recording off VirtualDub which incidentally, is free. :)

3. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

Thanx for your quick reply.
    I have a 2.16 Ghz amd athlon cpu and 512 ram and a 80 gig hd with about 35 gig free. so i think my hardware is up to it. I'll give that software a try and let u know how i i go.

thanx again.

4. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

I just installed VirtualDub 1.5.10.
    I cant quite work it out. is there any way i can choose what tv chanel i want to capture?

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Sorry I slightly misinterpreted your original intent (i was thinking you wanted to capture from VCR via TVTuner) .... hmmm... you've already tried the software that came with the card (which was a pain in the arse to install eh? ;-)). Some applications you might want to look into, carefully arranged in random order:
    - ChrisTV Professional
    - TeVeo Live
    - WinVCR
    - BeyondTV
    - TVTool
    NOte that due to the crappiness of both TV and the TV card, your end result will be far from specatacular :)