1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with my new Evo X software (a LOT of help!)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by chuckbuck, Nov 29, 2004.

1. chuckbuck

chuckbuck Member

Hello to all of you,

As my current level of knowledge will probably reveal, I'm new here, and I'm not very clued up about how to get my Xbox with Evo X working!

I recently paid to have a new, larger hard drive and mod-chip installed into my Xbox which would allow me to create back-ups of my existing games and DVD's onto my Xbox. I got my Xbox back last night, got it home and got totally stuck. Unfortunately, the chap who modded it for me seems to be constantly engaged on another call, or doesn't answer, so I'm stuck with a fired up Xbox and no idea how to use it!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that it has been modded correctly, since before I left the guys house with my Xbox, he showed me a copy of Timesplitters 2 which he had put on the console as a test. The game appeared as one file with an Xbox joypad symbol next to it, worked fine, and loaded up from the System utils;Media Center;Drive F selection from the main dashboard. However, when I got home and followed the same steps (after copying a game) the game didn't appear in the same area of the menu. It came up as XBcopy000 (instead of the game name, like Timesplitters did) and when opened, contained hundreds of tiny files, instead of one amalgamated file containing the game.

By clicking on one or two files, I was able to get a few Cut-Scenes running from the copied game, but that was it's limit, since the small file I selected WAS the actual cut-scene... I searched through the entire lot of files to see if could see a file with the joypad symbol again (like Timesplitters that seemed to work...) but had no luck at all...

So, my next step was to erase what I had just put onto drive F and start again. Drive F erased, I then copied the game into F:/Games folder again. The same happened. Lots of little files instead of one big one. I couldn't find or play the game amongst all the files once it had been copied. Worse still, after erasing the F drive after the first failed attempt, I also managed to get rid of Timesplitters Two, which incidentally still appeared as a selectable game from the Media Center;System Utils;Programs;Drive F options, despite the game not working! It just returned me to the dashboard screen if I tried to select it! AAARRRGH!!

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong, then I'm listening! I'm not normally THAT PC illiterate, so I find it very annoying that I can't get an Xbox to function!

Many thanks

a frustrated newbie

chuckbuck

2. suki24

suki24 Member

seems like your situation is very complicated

I highly suggest you dl the program dvd2xbox and boxexplorer from the internet...

dvd2xbox is avery userfriendly program and names the game file for you...

but this may seem a very hard process if you dont know much about comp....

search around the forums to know hwere to get those files from....words like mirc

or go here
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php

3. chuckbuck

chuckbuck Member

Hi Suki,

Thanks for your reply. Looking at the dashboard, there are come options called "Boxplorer" and "DVD2Xbox", as well as the words "CopyGame". Should I try those options by the sound of things?

Thanks again - maybe I'll get somewhere with it this evening!