1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with my Xbox please.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Nimmel, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Nimmel

Nimmel Member

First a short history.

About two years ago I bought my Xbox, and life was good.

About a half year ago I started getting dirty disk errors, they were rare so life was still good.

Last month my Xbox couldnt even boot a game, the dashboard always said dirty disk error. So M$ forced me to mod my xbox, I got online and ordered the chameleon, while it was shipping I decided I would get ready for it and download everything I needed. I have: The latest xecutor bios, the latest build of evolutionx, evolution x's bios, all 4 of them, latest cromwell bios, chameleon programming software, craxtion, and nero.

The chip and programmer get here, the programmer is missing a couple chips because its made at Joe Blows PCB shop, so the programmer doesnt work. I open my Xbox and put in the chameleon, I see a chamelion on the screen and it asks me for a cd after about 10 seconds, I spend the next 2 days fidling around with burning cds with a 40 meg dummy file, nothing works. My friend comes over and messes with it for a while, I decide to go to bed and he decides to try a 400 meg dummy file with the cromwell update, that works, the bios is updated, he leaves and has been too busy to come over and help. I spend another 2 days fiddling around with buring stuff, but still, nothing works.

It is now day 3 since the cromwell bios has been updated and nothing has worked yet, I have tried the xecutor bios' that I downloaded, and the evolutionx bios' that I downloaded, and I always get the "linuxboot.cfg" message. I have called easybuy2k about a replacement for my programmer, they are sending another. My questions are, am I missing anything when I am trying to flash the bios? and when I do finally flash the bios with the evolutionx bios/dash will my xbox work again, or will it still be too picky about the disks to work?

[EDIT]
    If it will be too picky to run Xbox games then can I put evolutionx on my friends xbox with the mechassault trick, back up a game onto his HD then transfer it onto my xbox via FTP and have it run on my xbox?

Thanks for any help offered.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2003
  2. jpday3

jpday3 Member

try using the slayer 2.5 installer. it makes it easy by doing it all for you. it made my life so much easier. i was so lost until i got it.

3. Nimmel

Nimmel Member

oh really? does that include the bios? or can I install the evo dash with only the cromwell bios

4. jpday3

jpday3 Member

it installs the bios (comes with the evox m7 bios), the media player, a bunch of skins, dvd player support using the controler, emulator support, the programs to copy the games. you can even put in another hard drive and it will format it and install everything in a few minutes or just use your original drive. i put in a 200 gig brand new out of the box and it installed in a few minutes.
    i put my chip in sept and had nothing but problems until i found slayer last weekend and had it running in a few hours but i am totally new to this.

5. Nimmel

Nimmel Member

cool, do i get it from xbins? or do i just have to look around for it? i dont have the programmer do i just burn to a cd?

btw thanks for helping

6. jpday3

jpday3 Member

check your pm

7. jpday3

jpday3 Member

it also has two .pdf help file that will answer all your questions. one is like 24 pages long. he put ALOT of effort into this program.

8. GetModded

GetModded Guest

First you say your friend reflashed the chip with a X2 bios? Correct? If so you shouldn't have the Linux Screen when the XBox boots anymore. When flashing with a boot disc the Chameleon always flashes Bank 0. Make sure the DIP switches are all off to boot from Bank 0 which you said was flashed. With the X2 bios you should have the word Xecuter under the X when the XBox first starts up.

If you have this part done then don't worry about the programmer or any more bios files for the moment. Download Slayers installer, extract the ISO and burn it to CD-RW or DVD or RW. Then just load the installer disc and follow the included directions to load the EvolutionX dash and Apps on the harddrive.

RustyDog