1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Navigation DVD backup

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by RUBZERK, Oct 16, 2014.

1. RUBZERK

RUBZERK Member

Hello everyone. I havnt been on here in a few years and I see alot has changed.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what programs to use to back a Navigation disc?
    I have Verbatim DL dvds but not shure what programs are needed.

The laptop I used to use to make backups died 3 years ago so I lost all my programs and decided to give it a try again.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

you mean you want a program to rip dvd's i've never heard the term navigation disc b4?
    for ripping i used to use dvdfab 8 it was fine on my older xp machine now i use anydvd sometimes along with clonedvd,usually tho i prefer to edit main movies with dvdshrink once anydvd has done its thing,i don't bother burning dvd's anymore its more convenient to convert them to a mkv or such like,remember check for free stuff before buying

dvdfab hd decrypter free to rip always all other bundled stuff is 30 day trial,there's 2 versions the older v8 & the newer v9
    slysoft products as follows all 30 day trial
    anydvd - ripper
    clonedvd - used to processes an already ripped dvd
    clonedvd mobile - convert to portable type container i.e avi,m4 etc

dvdshrink (free)can rip some older dvd's & is usefull for editing especially cutting intro & outro of main movie
    voblanker (free) - can sometimes not work as in the preview won't play or section processing if this happens,go to device manager & disable graphics driver then re enable once job completed
    menu shrink (free) removes animation crap from menu so dvd goes direct to selection screen
    fixvts (free)

vidcoder &/or handbrake (free 32 & 64bit versions inc portable) excellant free dvd converters which allow more hands on operation

guides section here at AD & over at videohelp.com for anything specific or search through forum most stuff has already been answered or there's always trusty youtube,watching movie pictures is easier than reading..lol..

3. RUBZERK

RUBZERK Member

i currently have dvdclone2 but it keeps giving me errors.
    Where can I go to DL all the programs I need ?

I used to have nero, dvd shrink & decrypter but lost everything.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

it gives errors as it's not a ripper i alluded to this fact in my first post
    DVD rippers:
    dvdfab here http://www.dvdfab.cn/
    anydvd here http://slysoft.com/en/
    dvdshrink in software section,tho will have trouble with some dvd's which is why best to rip with anydvd or dvdfab

other software can be got here at AD or at videohelp.com or web searching