1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Nero, Audio does not sync

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mj0704, Jun 8, 2007.

1. mj0704

mj0704 Member

About 50% of the time I try to burn AVI files to DVD or DVD9 discs using Nero Vision, they burn with messed up audio/video. Using DVD9 discs this can become slightly expensive.

I Googled the hell out of the problem and haven't found a good answer except that it might be Nero's codecs causing problems.

Has anyone ever found a solution to this, or what do you use instead? I have some other programs, but none as easy Nero when it comes to putting TV shows etc with multiple files onto one disc.

I have the newest version of Nero and supposedly the old versions work better, but I can't get my hands on the old versions.

What I am trying to do is get the Sopranos onto a disk with three episodes per disk.

It might be a problem with the AVI, so I am trying VDub first...but I am clueless on what settings to have VDub on.

I know there is a lot here (as far as questions and me being lost), so if you could give idiot instructions that would be great.

2. mj0704

mj0704 Member

forget this, i am going to try a solution i found on here

3. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

A/V sync is an age-old problem with Nero. I don't think it's the Nero codecs per se because I use 3rd party codecs with Nero and the same codecs result in synced A/V with other programs. ConvertXtoDVD is a better conversion program and has a fully functional free trial available, although it watermarks its output in trial mode.

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

The best approach is to just purchase a DVD player that plays divx, etc. files. No more DVD conversions necessary--ever (as long as you're using an acceptable divx style codec).

4. _lonewolf

_lonewolf Member

I have been using nero 6.6 for abour 8 months now and it works pretty good for burning avi files. If your copying episodes from your t.v. then its possible that the video files maybe corrupted. I found that the best way to get good episodes of any show by using torrentspy.com. You will also need a program to download the files. I use bitlord. Just go to torrentspy and you can get correct program there for free, just click on the link that says "need a torrent engine we suggest bitlord".

If your sure that your files are good however then the problem might be your burner. An HP DVD burner works great and it also comes with the nero 6.6 burning program.

I hope that this helps.