1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with new HDTV and Theatre System!?

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by rob13, Dec 30, 2007.

1. rob13

rob13 Regular member

Hi, I just got a new 32" Philips HDTV and a Samsung HT-X50 Home Theatre System, and I know the cable is going to be crappy, but the Dvd player is fuzzy too. I have it hooked up with a 6ft. Philips HDMI Cable and tried the 720 and 1080i settings. They both don't looked near as great as it did with my 32" CRT Magnavox TV. Can anyone help with this? Much appreciated!.......

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

are you using an hddvd player it could be that the resolution of the tv is lower than the dvd . how fuzzy do you mean like static fuzzy or just like a light fuzz around peoples faces?

3. rob13

rob13 Regular member

It all seems fuzzy. It's not as clear as it should be and the dvd player is not hd dvd.

4. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

If your using a dvd player that upconverts, it's probably due to that. A DVD's max resolution is 480p so, when it's being upconverted to 1080 that's when it goes shitty. This isn't true in all cases, I've just read about this problem on several players.

5. LILBUCK

LILBUCK Guest

I use a up-converting dvd player on my 47" hd tv and the picture is amazing when the dvd player is set to 1080p The picture is clear as day. I bought a samsung dvd player but brought it back due to its picture clarity and the fact it would not play burned dual-layer movies I swapped it for a sony and am extremily happy with the results. I have read that alot of people are having problems with samsung dvd players.

6. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

sonys are great probably the best .
    it may be due to just the wireing or its just because its a 720 p
    not that thats a big diff but.