1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with NTSC to PAL conversion

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by dtc, Mar 17, 2005.

1. dtc

dtc Member

Hello,

I have a NTSC MPEG2 videofile I would like to use in a document project. I am using Adobe Premiere PRO to edit the project in PAL format as all other material is in PAL format. I have tried various ways and programs (Premiere, VirtualDub etc.) to convert the NTSC file but everytime the result is bad; when there is a lot of movement the video is not smooth and does not look good.

Can anyone help? What is the right way to convert NTSC mpeg-file to PAL file (AVI if possible)? What programs do I need? I have been told that Canopus Procoder can do this, but buying $400 worth of software to convert 10 minutes of video is not a option right now :(

TIA,

Kaitsu

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Canopus Procoder Express is only $59
    Money well spent, as it works about 3x faster than tmpgenc, does ntsc/pal conversions with ease, has lots of features/options/filters...
    Another option is to check the "Advanced Conversion" forum and the "User Guides" at www.videohelp.com as there's about 3 other ways you can do it, that actually work well.

3. DaisyLin

DaisyLin Member