1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Phillips DVD+R200 Series Burner Firmware

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by alleng1, Mar 7, 2004.

1. alleng1

alleng1 Guest

Hi,

I have a Phillips DVD228+R/RW burner and have been unable to find the firmware update for it. I have searched the PCphillips site looking the the file mentioned in some of there FAQ's regarding this updated firmware so the burner recognizes the 4X media that is now available.

The Flash is 3.7.1.9 and the Firmware 1.51 is what I'm looking for. They list the file name as File:m5a24151ric. My current firmware is ver 1.13 and even the Phillips Electronics customer service center was unable too help me.

Does anyone use this burner? And if so have you been able to find the updated firmware flash for this unit. I am at my ropes end in trying to locate this. The only number I've been able to get from Phillips is a 900 number that says the call cost $10 dollars. Two contact emails to the PC customer service have not been answered. Just notifications that my email had been received and they would get back too me within 10 days.

Never heard back from them. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    alleng1

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

3. alleng1

alleng1 Guest

Thanks Jerry,

I downloaded both the 1.51 and the 1.64 versions. I'm not sure now if I want to try flashing the firmware on this drive as it looks more complicated then flashing the Bios on a motherboard.

It also appears that this burner can not burn +R media which is not very useful once I start backing up my DVD's and transfering my taped tv show to VCD or DVD depending on the time and lenght of the movies.

It looks like I may have too use +RW media for all my backups unless I but another brand of DVD Burner.

Thanks for the help as I was pullling my hair out trying to even find the 1.51 upgrade mentioned on the PCPhillips site. Have to do some serious thinking first before deciding to upgrade the firmware now.

alleng1