1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With Premiere Pro 2 (importing Screen Captured Avi File)

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by paulinnor, Oct 15, 2007.

1. paulinnor

paulinnor Member

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here had experience or advice regarding making tutorial DVDs?

Here's what I'm "trying" to do:
    1. Capture what is happening on my laptop screen using screen capture software.
    2. Convert captured video into an avi file
    3. Import captured avi file into Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0
    4. Create a DVD that can be watched on a TV screen

Extra info:
    1. I'm in Europe, so when I created a new project I selected "DV - PAL > Standard 48kHz". Is that right?
    2. My laptop screen's resolution is 1280 x 800 pixels

Here's my problem:
    I can successfully record my laptop screen and produce an avi file. I can also import the avi file into Adobe Premiere Pro. The Source Monitor looks good quality, but the Project Monitor displays bad quality (even after rendering the video).

I'm wondering if my problem is something to do with resolution. DV PAL is 720 x 576 and my laptop screen is 1280 x 800? Or maybe I need to burn a physical DVD and watch it on a TV to see what it REALLY looks like? I'm just guessing really.

I'm new to using Premiere Pro and I'm struggling to solve this problem. Any help, advice, or tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Suba

Suba Regular member

It has been a while since I used Premier, but if your source monitor looks OK, than your project monitor should be same. You should use project setting same as capture setting, than output to DVD once done.

3. paulinnor

paulinnor Member

Thanks for the reply.
    My source monitor looks fine (I can read the text), but I can't read the text in the program monitor.
    When you say that I should "use project setting same as capture setting" are you talking about resolution? For example, if I want a DV PAL Standard DVD should I be recording my screen captures at a resolution of 700x576?

4. Suba

Suba Regular member

You are importing your AVI file to Premier. If you go into settings, you will see your input, project and output settings. First two should be same, output should be set to PAL DVD specs 720x576.