1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with quake III....:-(

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by youngjedy, Apr 8, 2005.

1. youngjedy

youngjedy Member

Hello and good day to all. HAve a problem with quake III. Just installed the game a few nights ago and what a rush..:) The main problem I have is that when I click the button that should allow me to play on-line, it doesn't. What happens id that the game as well as my computer gets locked up. I even installed the latest patch-version1.32 endpoint and NADA. what's also curious is that the patch says it's 29.0mb but when I look in the add/remove section, it saying the patch is 430.5mb. What is going on??? The single player is great.Do I need the "Team Arena" add-on to play online? Help me ....PLease..your my only hope.....:)

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Either you inserted an already used key-gen, OR you have a pirated copy of the disk. OR MAYBE, you need PunkBuster installed!

3. solargame

solargame Regular member

when i installed my quake 3 i pressed play and it said i need the openGL sub systems, so i went on the web to try to download it. I CANT FIND IT AT ALL. please help with problem.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  4. Niobis

Niobis Active member

Fisrt off, uninstall the patch. Second, you do [bold]not[/bold] need Team Arena to play online, Team Arena is only an expansion for Arena. Third, when you click mulitiplayer in the main menu does it go to the servers screen? Does it make the beeping noise as if it is stuck? What are you seeing when it locks up?

BTW, if you think single player is great wait until you play multiplayer. Single player is crap compared to online. Oh and 1v1 is the only way to play. :)

5. Niobis

Niobis Active member

solargame, try to uninstall it and re-install it. openGL subsystems should execute on their own. If not I don't know, sorry.

6. retro78

retro78 Member

download the latest "detonator drivers" for your videocard!
    that should solve the problem!