1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with recording

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by RZKYBZNZ, Jan 22, 2004.

1. RZKYBZNZ

RZKYBZNZ Member

I have a bit of a problem. I use Nero 6.0 and 5.5, Burn at Once, and RecordNow Max. I have a Sony 510A recorder and use Ritek G04 media.

While using all three softwares, sometimes I get a good burn, but most of the time I get failures.

On occasions, I will get a successful burn, but when I go to play the DVD, it will not play. I get an error saying that the format can not be understood.

Please....someone help.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

RZKYBZNZ,

Your burning programs listed are among the best of the best -

What exactly are you trying to burn ?

Take me from the beginning up to the burning process - let's say using Nero and then tell me what settings are you using i.e. Wizard or Classic, DVD Video or DVD Data etc.

Pete

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I think your burner is a dual format unit able to burn both +R and -R media. You didn't say what brand of player you are having the trouble with. The media has to be compatible with the player. Some players only play -R some +R and some both. If you put a +R disc in a -R player it won't work usually. Check the book on your player.
    Jerry

4. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya Pete and Jerry,

No Frank?
    Does he not hang around the water-cooler with you guys no more?

RZKYBZNZ,

The error you are describing sounds like a media incompatability, I suggest you follow Jerrys advice.

Have Fun...

5. RZKYBZNZ

RZKYBZNZ Member

When I use Nero, the step I follow are described at this web page

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/nero.htm

When using RecordNow Max, the steps I use are described at the following web page

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/recordnowmax.htm

The media I am using are DVD -R. The player plays all types of media. I have some success, but mostly not. For example, I will try to copy one movie, and it will work, then using [bold]the same steps and settings[/bold], I try to copy another and it fails.

I am trying to burn classic 80's movies like War Games, Weird Science, Caddyshack and so on.

By the way, I first copy all the movies to my hard drive, then I try to burn.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Your guides are the best for Nero and RecordNow.

Let's make it super simple for now and just use the new DVDShrink 3.1.3 by itself - you won't have to do anything and it will automatically use Nero and burn for you.

3 clicks and you should be good :))

Here it is - http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm

Put your original in your DVD ROM, put your blank DVD -R media in your burner, start DVDShrink, click "Open disc". When it's done, in the right-hand window choose "Custom Ratio", slide the bar to the left until you have some Gray at the end of the Green Bar. Click "Backup", select your burner, click "OK".
    wait until it's done - :))

It does everything !