1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with router Linksys befsr41

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by nadack02, Jan 23, 2007.

1. nadack02

nadack02 Member

Hey guys im new to the boards but after looking around found out that this looks like a good home for my computer issues lol.. Anywho my family and I are having some problmes here at home with port forwarding on our router, we need to open some ports for gaming along with some other stuff and can't seem to figure this out.. when we enter 192.168.1.1 to bring up the router menu we get a user name and password box that we never set anything up for?? now i seen someone else say admin as user name and pass will be blank well that doesnt work, and we can't change anything if we can't get in there, so if anyone could lend any advice that would be great, thank you for your time and future efforts :eek:)

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

not sure if i can realy help as i know very little about routers but this pages seems to have alot of info about yours(if it is yours, i dont know). maybe one of the pdfs will help you.

hope it helps you.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  3. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

@nadack02,

If you have not change the user id and password on your router, then the default user name is "admin". And your password is also "admin".

And if you need help in forwarding a port, here is a good website:

http://www.portforward.com/cports.htm

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  4. nadack02

nadack02 Member

nasayin you ar a god among men lol "or women" whichever you are you are a life saver, putting the admin in the pass worked great thank you so much taking care of everything after i give you the praise of the gods lol

5. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

You're welcome! I would advise you to change the password. If someone is able to connect to your network, they can log in to your router with the default user id and password.

6. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

As I remember from owning the BEFSX41, the firewalled version, is the default **PASSWORD** is admin, no username. Well, try whatever works, but be sure to change the password! Portforward.com is pretty good when it comes to walking you through the steps after that.