1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with setting up vip722 to a rca 46 lcd flat panel hdtv

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by jscheff, Jan 16, 2008.

1. jscheff

jscheff Member

Love the tv, dishnetwork was just out here today to set up the vip722 receiver, the problem I have or I have no knowledge on how this works, I got an HD cable and I'm not sure how to set this up, I see where it goes on the satelight receiver and the back of the tv, but do I disconnedt the cable dishnetwork put on there, questions questions, also on some channels I get a full screen and some I don't, is there a way to change this so we get a full screen on every channel, any help would be appreciated

2. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

when they came out and hooked it up he should have used a set of component cables (red/blue/green) that run from the back of the receiver and go into the back of your tv. Is that the ones he used? If so, use those, I'm pretty sure that's the ones he used.

Now for your second question, what channels are you referring to? HD channels or the standard digital channels? Some HD channels show as letterbox and some are a full display, that can't be changed. If your tv can change the aspect ratio all that will do is just make the letterbox image look nasty. I'd make sure to check for an "auto aspect" setting on your tv to so that it will display whatever the channels are airing correctly.

Hope that helped any...