1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with softmodded Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by manfuq, May 1, 2007.

1. manfuq

manfuq Member

Hey guys, I have a question/problem. Now I have softmodded my xbox, and I went through xboxhdm and upgraded my hd, but without really thinking and paying attention, I am using a Western Digital 80 Gb, model number WD800BB-00JHC0, which from what I am reading is not lockable, but for some strange reason, I have it locked and it is working inside of my xbox, I followed all the directions from tutorials and searched and googled and found just about everything I need from backing up my original xbox hd and putting it on my 80 Gb, but my question is, well I installed UnleashedX on my 80 gb hard drive and everything works from FTP to Emulators to Media Center, but the question that I have is that for some reason, you know how on the top of the screen, it lets you know how much free space you have? Well for some odd reason, it says I have 3 gigs free, so I am assuming it is reading my bigger hard drive as if its an original xbox hd. My question is that is my hd that I have inside of my xbox even going to be read as 80 and how can I do it or am I screwed with this hd and have to upgrade again, or is it not readable like that? I have read somewhere that Xbox Live has the ability to know how big your hard drive is so if you are modding, they can ban you, which I am not sure if it's true or not, but do you think that it may be reading it as a smaller hard drive so I can play on Xbox Live? I am totally confused and don't really want to upgrade, but if possible, I could sure use some help, any would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

i would say that you shouldnt try going on live because if you get banned then its just a waist of money....umm try formatting your drive in the F patition maybe it will give the rest of your empty space.....i dont know it seems very odd that its doing this and it must be lockable if it locked.....

3. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

start your games from a cold boot and your fine.

4. manfuq

manfuq Member

oh shit, thank you very much for telling me that, i formatted my f drive and BOOM, all the data showed up. Thanks guys!

5. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

WOW im actually surprised it worked ;) ive never delt with an upgraded hdd i dont even know how to do it lol but glad it worked. have fun with your new hdd