1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with softmodded Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Paku123, May 13, 2007.

1. Paku123

Paku123 Member

Okay, heres the story-
    My cousin knows this friend who softmodded my xbox with EvoX and it has been modded for almost 2 years. Recently I tried to download the 2 new halo 2 maps (the ones released april 17th '07) and i think I have installed an update to my xbox where they have identified it as been hacked and have put a patch on it (according to my cousin) and now I cannot boot to my EvoX dashboard or MS dashboard.

When I start up my Xbox without a disc it loads with the message 'Your disk may be damaged or dirty. Press A to try again'. I cannot access my Xbox using FlashFXP either because it is not at it's dashboard. I can still however load normal and burnt Xbox games if I open the tray and re-start my Xbox.

Is there anyway I can fix this problem and any help is appreciated.

If there is anymore information needed I can try found out more about it but I think I have covered just about everything I know.

Cheers,

2. steimy

steimy Active member

I would say try getting AID 3.1 (auto installer deluxe)
    and try to re-softmod it.

You also need AR Max for Xbox and one of these games
    007 agent under fire
    mech assult
    splinter cell
    the original disc and not the platinum hits version.

AID will come with a PDF file that tells you how to mod it. The only problem with the above is that you need to get the game save on the xbox and to do that you must be able to load the MS Dash. But there is a chance that the game save your cousins friends never deleted the save that he used, most people don't. In that case you just need to know which of those games he used and have that game (again, must be the original disc and not a back up)
    then when AID load and you want to softmod it can search and find the game save that is still there and go re-softmod it.

other than that a hotswap with your PC and then rebuild of the hard drive with xboxhdm is the only way i know. (unless of course you were smart enough to back up your drive, or EEPROM file from the xbox when you did have it working. Then you can just rebuild the drive without having to hotswap it)

Last edited: May 14, 2007