1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With Sound And Picture Quality, Resolution

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dannym, Apr 7, 2005.

1. dannym

dannym Member

Thanks for your help before, thanks to you guys I have made my first dvd lol. Iam having trouble with the picture and sound quality of the dvd and the screen resolution any ideas anyone.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Can you be more specific?

3. dannym

dannym Member

the reolution is very bad it has 2 big black parts to the top and bottom of the screen and the movie in the middle so im missing half the picture most of the time its as if it is in wide screen very very wide screen always. and as for the sound i think its just your luck on the download, or is there any way to take the buzzing noise out of the audio lol.

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

So I gather it's a downloaded movie? What was the original format (e.g. avi, mpg), and did these problems happen before or after encoding?

5. dannym

dannym Member

yes its downloaded, it was originally AVI format , im not sure what encoding is lol but i used DivXtoDVD then DVD Shrink then nero to burn it to disc

6. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

dannym,
    Can you play the .avi file by itself on your computer. You stated that you had Nero so try converting the .avi file using Nero's NVE. It might just be a bad file to start off w/.
    Have you tried the guide section at the top of this thread - Look for converting .avi to DVD. WinAVI might get you going. If you have access to Premiere or Scenarist they I know will do it but they are a little pricey

7. dannym

dannym Member

its not burning or converting im having trouble with sorry its the size of the picture with the output the resolution is very small is there any way of changing this so i can watch the final dvd on tv as it is very small on the outcome and u miss half of the picture.