1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with spider chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by dabommbj, May 1, 2005.

1. dabommbj

dabommbj Member

Hey guys does anyone know if you can use a spider chip on two different xboxs. I had two xbox that the hard drives were corrupted. One is a v1.6 and the other is a v1.0. I got a spider chip and installed it on the v1.6 everything worked with no problems. I formatted the hard and got it working. My problem is that i tried to put it on the v1.0 and the chip turns on but the bios is not booting up. I was thinking that maybe you can only use in one xbox. Any help would be appreciated.

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

modchips can be moved to different xbox's...however the install procedure and locations is different for 1.0-1.5 xbox'x as compared to the 1.6...check to make sure you installed the chip according to the 1.0 instructions...also you may want to use the x2 bios for a 1.0 xbox, it is much better than the m8.

3. jasin39

jasin39 Member

I also have a spider chip in my 1.0 xbox. It only needs one wire to sit inside the motherboard. so check the spiderchip .com website for which wire it it. also be weary cos the screw that came with the chip may not be a good screw. minde didnt hold down the chip and stripped the xbox screw hole. so just have a small wood screw handy! and just really make sure all the pogo pins are properly alligned.