1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Spiderchip 1.1 and Slayers

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by gambiel7, Mar 31, 2005.

1. gambiel7

gambiel7 Member

I have an xbox v.1.6b and I'm getting ready to install mod for first time. Im pc tech but have never modded an xbox before so bare with me. This is list of hardware/software I have and want to use but not quite clear on all correct steps to take due to multiple sources, anyway:
    Xbox 1.6b, Spiderchip 1.1, Maxtor 80GB, Slayers Auto installer 2.6 final, and FlashFXP v.3.1.12.1075 final.
    Do I need anything else? What are the steps I need to take once chip is installed and working? And how do I make sure I've backed up my original HDD correctly?

2. voltron

voltron Member

you will need evox m8+ 1.6 bios to flash your chip with. Be carefull because the holes on the mobo for the 1.6b are covered with laquer. Its really tough to get through. If you know how to solder i would consider possibly another chip.

3. gambiel7

gambiel7 Member

OK I have link to Evox M8+16, I decided not to get spiderchip as I read to many negs about and have been persuaded otherwise. I decided to go with SP.ICE instead. Now, about port holes do you know of anyway to clear holes before install. I've noticed the SP.ICE chip comes with a template and looks really easy to install...
    Another question, I've heard that the 1.6 must have banks 1&2 flashed? and was also wondering is it necessary to back up original HDD?