1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with stops and stutters on ICopyDVDs2...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tripperh, Aug 10, 2004.

1. tripperh

tripperh Guest

Hello,

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere (I'm sure it must have been, but I couldn't find it).

I just bought ICopyDVDs2 and it's working fairly well, but I have some problems.

I was noticing a fair amount of freeze frames and slight skips in the copies I made. I read the FAQ on their site and they suggested turning off all computer activities.

I turned off the screensaver and upped the time that the screen power-down and stand-by mode go into action up to an hour (longer than it takes to read any of the discs I've copied).

I tried making another copy, and it still has its share of stops and pauses (I can't even tell if it's less than before).

I need help knowing what else I need to turn off, and how to go about doing it to be able to avoid the freeze-ups.

Or is there a better copying software out there I should get?

Thanks.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Your troubles are the classic sign of low quality media. What brand/type have you been using?

I've no experience with the software you're using but I do know that DVD Shrink is free, easy and does a great job :)

3. tripperh

tripperh Guest

Thanks for responding.

I've been using Memorez DVD-Rs.

Thanks also for the DVD Shrink tip.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Memorex buys from various manufacturers so yoy never know what you're getting. You can check the manufacturer ID with this tool:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

Memorex -R have been known to be CMC which isn't good stuff at all. Let us know what you find :)

5. tripperh

tripperh Guest

Thanks for your help.

I ended up downloading DVDShrink and bought a copy of Nero, but I'm having trouble making the copied disc.

I DVDShrink to do its job, but when I try to burn the disc (after following the directions on a Nero guide site) the disc goes up to about 7% and then it gets spit out with a burn fail error.

Any suggestions? Hopefully I won't have to eat too many more DVD-Rs to get it working properly.

Thanks,

Chris