1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Straightening Hair

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Reaper_3, Apr 18, 2004.

1. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

...plus it must stink !!

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Egg whites and whites only don`t stink. I never used them, but lots of my High school friends did. Yes I was in the "freak" crowd. But to get to the science of the question hair curls due to Sulfur bonds froming between protein subunits that make up your hair. So Water alone will not work. You can by some gels that will help you keep it straight. But the best is Egg whites as is has avidin in it. So it will not smell, act as an anti bacteria angent and will weakly associate with the sulfurs in your hair to stabilize it. So good products use DTT or betamecapto ethanol, to stabilize. These smell slightly sulfury, and you need lots of perfume to cover it up. Also these are expensive salon products.

But egg whites will work, also flour and little water will work (acts like glue to hold anything up). One of the best spiking combos was very similar to the ingredients of a cake, with out the baking. However bigest problem with these solutions is they will work too well, and it will not be a flowing soft straight hair.

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

LMAO

Nice explanation Prisoner...

(Your number is #6 btw , you are NOT a free man !! )

: ]-~

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

That post was 22, I am not a number. But Ironically all I can remeber is numbers. Everyone else should be numbered and I will not be. I will be XO4 and controll the world!!!

5. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

I have 2 advice for you

1. you can get a wig...hehe...but it works...if you have short short hair...n hopefully no one will notice...

2. you can get a magic straight perm... as my sister's mom's friend is a salon hair dresser...

Hope this helped...

funny forum...

6. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

Ok this has gone on to long with no result....
    I say SHAVE IT!!!!!

7. Reaper_3

Reaper_3 Guest

lol i have found a solution, i straighten hair with a straighten iron, then i mix some gel and water(a little bit of water) in my hands then put it in my hair pushing it back then it lays down then i push it up from the back to the front? does that sound like it will work?