1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with TMPGEnc, audio bad

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by sspitz01, Dec 18, 2003.

1. sspitz01

sspitz01 Member

I am converting my digital video tapes to DVD. I have recorded the tapes to my hard drive using the fire wire connection and keeping them in the original DV format. My issue comes when I convert them to MPEG2 format. I have used ULEAD and NERO. The quality is not just what I wanted, so I went to try TMPGEnc the trial version. The video quality is great but the audio not. The people speaking in the video sound like they are are slow motion. I like TMPGEnc and want to buy it but I need to figure out this problem.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Didn"t I allready Give a Very lengthly Answer on this Question a couple days ago????I believe I said to go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Audio Engine" and under "Sample Fequency converter" to set it to "High Quality"..I think i also left a Link to a High Quality Frequency Sample Converter Plugin for Tmpgenc...Try not to Post the same Question in 2+ different Sections....Cheers

3. sspitz01

sspitz01 Member

I already set that option to high and tried that before. What I have found out is that if I cut the recording into smaller sections less then 20 mins that sound is now back to good quality?????

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you can allways Just use a Totally seperate Program to Encode the audio...?