1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Toshiba LTM13C407 LCD Screen

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by alexizh, Sep 21, 2010.

1. alexizh

alexizh Member

Hey, well as the title states, I need help with an LCD Screen(Model in title).

I was given a really old school Compaq laptop, which, didn't work anymore. So I decided to take it apart, and I threw everything away except the LCD. What I want to do is make it so I can connect my desktop to it through a VGA cable. But problem is I don't know how to do it. There are to cable ends. One is white and pretty long, it has 20 cables on it and the second one is black, smaller than the white one, and it has 10 cables on it. Anyone who would know how to do this, help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Zealousi

Zealousi Member

well basically you need to figure out which wires are which so your going to need the hardware manual for that monitor part, then once you have figured out the wires you will need to put the right ones in a VGA plug and clamp it down. Now that the easy part is out of the way your going to need to find the voltages out of the monitor and compare it to a computer power cable and in case there is little or not enough power so may need a switch board to handle the power. Sort all that out and now your monitor has power and can be plugged into the PC.

If your up to the task going to need to do some research before attempting, also going to need some tools for the wires and plugs.