1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with uninstall

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by smith1571, Dec 29, 2005.

1. smith1571

smith1571 Regular member

I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to unintall quicktime, because everytime I try to unistall it the "Install Sheild Wizzard" pops up and then thats all that happens. i tried reinstalling it and that dosent work ether. saying error-3message. sound familar to anyone? thanks joe

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Click Start - Run - Cmd copy and paste this into the box:
    [bold]del c:\program files\quicktime folder[/bold] <enter>

[bold]del c:\windows\system32\quicktime folder [/bold]<enter>

then

run regedit - delete these keys:
    [bold]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\QuickTime

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apple Computer, Inc.\QuickTime[/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2006
  3. smith1571

smith1571 Regular member

hi
    i tried copying and pasting "delete c:\program files\quicktime folder" but it said "cant find 'delete' make sure you typed the name correctly and try again." so i tried to delete the folder myself and it would let me do that either. thanks joe

4. smith1571

smith1571 Regular member

so does anyone know a different way to remove a program?
    or am i doing something wrong

5. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Try again .. my last post -- but this time in the CMD box -- I edited the post for you !

6. smith1571

smith1571 Regular member

my cusin came eover right before you posted a respose and loaded a stand alone version of quicktime. not exactly sure what he did but it works. thanks for your help and respose. joe

7. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

hey.. hugz Joe... glad you got it done !

Have a great year !

8. brencc147

brencc147 Guest

Can you tell me how to uninstall Symantec anti-virus so that I can install the anti-virus supplied by my IP? When I try to uninstall Symantec, I get a message to "enter uninstall password" which I don't have nor have any way of getting. Help? Thanks