1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with VirtualDub to fix AVI with no Audio on PS3

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by C_S_R, Aug 20, 2010.

1. C_S_R

C_S_R Member

Hi,
    I just got a Avi file that plays fine on my laptop via VLC & Windows Media Player, but when i put it onto my playstation 3 i only get video but NO SOUND, someone on another forum told me i can use VirtualDub to change the audio and re-encode it back to the avi and it will be fine, ive tried google and searching but havent managed to find out how to do this.

So i was hoping someone on here could talk me through it or link me to a tutorial that can use, thanks in advance.

Chris.

2. attar

attar Senior member

If you can play other files on the PS3 ok, you should compare the audio to see what the difference is between a good file and this file.
    Drag the file into MediaInfo and compare the audio before changing anything.

This example has AC3 audio

[​IMG]

If you want to change the audio, it's probably simpler to open/drag it into Avidemux.
    Save the new file and remember to give it a full name (including the extension)e,g. newfile.avi

[​IMG]

3. C_S_R

C_S_R Member

Thank you for your reply.
    Yes normally videos play fine it was just this file thats giving me problems, so i will use that program to check what audio file it is and try changing it with the other program.

Can i ask, with that Avidemux program, when i chage the audio file type and resave the file will it cause sync issues or compress the video file? As i tried using a program called "any video convertor" and it reduced the video quality alot and then audio then became out of sync.
    Is this going to happen with this program?

Thanks again for your reply.

4. attar

attar Senior member

As long as you leave 'Video' set to 'Copy' it will not be recoded.