1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with vob files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by seiyachan, Apr 18, 2004.

1. seiyachan

seiyachan Member

Okay...I have some vob files saved on my computer that I would like to put on dvd-r...my problem is that when I use Nero to burn these as a video dvd I get all sorts of error messages. Do I need to convert these files first? As for avi files...I was really great at creating vcd's, however, now that I purchased a dvd burner I can't seem to get these same files to play on my dvd player...I searched the forum for these answers and did not find any, I have also tried a million different programs, but none of them seem to work. If any one could give me easy answers, I would really appreciate it. I'm starting to think that buying the dvd burner was a waste of money. Thanks for any help.
    Jen

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Do you have any .BUPs or IFOs with your .VOBs?
    I'd probably try and open one in IFOEdit and then click on VOB extras. Then select Create new IFOS. Try using the default settings.
    This will do the main movie only.

As far as your .AVI files go they just need converted into a DVD-Video compliant structure. I imagine they are pretty similar to what I get out of my camcorder.

Try Nerovision express 2. Select Photo and Video from SmartStart then "make your own DVD Video" It supports a bunch of different file types, including .AVI and .VOB, so you may want to try loading your .VOBs in there as well before going the IFOEdit route.

3. seiyachan

seiyachan Member

Thank you so much for replying...I am driving myself crazy in front of the computer for hours on end trying to figure this out!! I am creating new ifo's for the vob files, correct? I will let you know how I make out!! Cheers!!^^

Last edited: Apr 18, 2004
  4. seiyachan

seiyachan Member

okay...I finally got the vob files to burn, neroexpress is great! However, there was no audio...ahhh...I'm going mad!!

5. seiyachan

seiyachan Member

Alright then...I just solved my last problem with the audio...now...one more question:

why is an avi file so large when I burn it on nerovision...a 180 mb file becomes almost 1gb in that program...will dvd shrink work on these files, as well?

6. daba

daba Guest

Hi seiyachan,

Where is this AVI file coming from ? Is it DV (captured from a camcorder) ? NeroVision is supposed to compress it, not to expand it...

Once you have VOB/IFO/BUP files, you can work on them with Shrink, whatever tool you used to generate them.