1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with VSO

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by NovaStain, Feb 7, 2007.

1. NovaStain

NovaStain Member

*****Sorry for this long explanation, but it’s hard to explain******

I’m using VSO DivxToDVD, not ConvertXtoDvd, so I use VSO CopyToDVD for the burning. I’m burning episodes of one particular TV series, so each file is almost the exact same size. Usually I can simultaneously convert all three episodes I want on one disc, checking the option to ‘Burn with CopyToDVD,” and it automatically burns after the conversion. It saves the converted files (each conversion group of three in one folder) on my computer and lets me burn extra discs, by dragging the whole folder into the burn program separately, so I only have to convert once.

First problem: When I get to certain episodes, it won’t convert multiple episodes (with or without checking the burn option). There is no error message; the ‘convert’ button starts to change to ‘abort’ (which it does when working properly), but then it quickly changes back to ‘convert,’ as if I never clicked anything. So I figured I could convert them one at a time and then use the burn program separately, just dragging the converted files into it. There are three different file types after conversions: the actual video is a VOB file and there are BUP and IFO files ( I guess they are for creating the 10 chapters of each episode that are present in my successful burns, I don’t really know).

Second problem: When I try to burn episodes I’ve converted one at a time, I have to add numbered suffixes because the conversion program names the output files the same for all episodes (it adds the suffixes on its own when converting multiple files): VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_1, VTS_01_2.

With single conversions, each episode (output folder) has all six of these files. With successful multiple conversions, each episode has the last four, and there is only one each of the VIDEO_TS.BUP / VIDEO_TS.IFO files for the entire three episode folder.

When trying to combine and burn single conversions, I’ve tried only including only one each of those files or adding suffixes and including them all. Either way, I get the same error message: “index of of bounds.” (not out of bounds)

It’s not a size issue; the converted files are a little over 1 GB each and I’ve tried it with just two.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I'm a little confused? I'm trying to understand what you are doing.

1. you know that DivXtoDVD is an older version of ConvertXToDVD! There is a reason why there are no more updates of DivXToDVD! ConvertXToDVD is much better and faster and has many improvements and is up-to-date with more power than DivXToDVD!
    2. ConvertXToDVD converts your video files from one format to DVD Compliant files...... if you start to adjust the the files (add numbered suffixes) to the VOB, IFO, BUP you are changing the structure of the DVD itself! It may not work. The VOB files are the video files with audio and subtitles, the IFO files provide information for DVD player where DVD-Video disc's chapters start, where certain audio tracks are located, etc.. and the BUP files are simply backup copies of IFO files and are only needed if the original IFO on disc gets corrupted. Changing these files will change the DVD structure and it might not work properly.

I think your error message might have to do with your reformed DVD structure. I don't know what INDEX OF OF BOUNDS means but if it's not working then there is something wrong. why can't you add your files that you want to the program and let it burn directly? why are you taking each file and doing it separately then trying to combine it by renaming and changing the DVD structure? what format are you trying to convert and burn to DVD?

3. NovaStain

NovaStain Member

I tried to explain this in my first problem. I would love for it to burn directly and with most of the files it does. But certain episodes won't do it. When I add more than one and click 'convert,' nothing happens (usually I can add up to 3). It will however, convert these troublesome files one at a time. One episode is not enough for me to put on a DVD, so I thought I could combine the output files I have to convert one at a time, but they have identical file names.

All the files I'm converting are AVI.

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

5. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi,

Or with ConvertXtoDVD latest version, he can load the

video_ts.ifo from each folder, and convert (Merge) all 3 videos to 1 new output !