1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP with website browsing

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by toddyb, Jun 23, 2007.

1. toddyb

toddyb Member

This may sound strange or someone may know what Im talking about.

How is it possible to search a website for just picture files? (not like Google Image, smarta**) For example, my schools website (www.shu.edu) is having a contest where if you find these hidden doubloon coin pictures and click on them, you win an iPod if you get the most. How can I see the index of the website to find all these hidden images or is there any other way I can do this? Let me know.

2. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

My suggestion is to download HTTracker from www.downloads.com and mirror your schools website. This will perfectly recreate the website to a folder on your computer. You can then open it up and see where each picture is posted and then go about finding them on the real website. If you know how to navigate your way around html, you can also try scimming through each of their HTML scripts and see where they picture tags are.

For a simpiler solution that may or may not work, you can always try something like http://images.[whateveryourschoolswebsiteis].com and that MIGHT take you to an image listing. It does for some websites.