1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with wierd problem......

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by simonwim, Feb 19, 2007.

1. simonwim

simonwim Member

Have an NEC 3500A connected to my PC via an external USB caddy. The drive is recognised at bootup and in the BIOS but DVD drive has dissapeared from My Computer, looked under device manager and the drive is there but has a yellow exclamation mark over ir, clicking on properties and in the device status it says:

""A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)"

I tried connecting the drive to my PC via IDE and it says the same thing, thought it might be the DVD drive itself so put another drive in that i know is fine and i got the same!!

Am using windows XP pro

Any help appreciated,
    cheers

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi simonwim
    Right click on the drive in device manager - see if 'enable' if an option. Or also check in properties (when you right click on the drive). There's an option to enable the drive there too.

Still not a go - in properties try the troubleshoot option.

3. simonwim

simonwim Member

That didnt work but i have found a solution:) had to do the following:

Start Registry Editor (Start, Run and type in regedit then click)

Find "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" (and "UpperFilters.bak" "LowerFilters.bak", if they exist) value under the following key in the registry, and delete it:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Quit Registry Editor.

Reboot.

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Good deal simonwim
    Txs for posting what worked for you!