1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with wireless network attempt.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by dorisdiaz, May 11, 2007.

1. dorisdiaz

dorisdiaz Member

Hello, i've used these forums many times to help me through problems, but now I have one I can't find an answer for.

I have a belkin wireless G router "model no: FSD7230-4" connected to my main computer with cable internet connection.

Today at a garage sale I obtained a linksys "befw11s4" for $10.00 I was wondering if it is possible to connect the linksys to a computer in another room and connect wirelessly to my belkin router and have it networked that way.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

thanks

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

If this is a wireless card that you got from linksys you need to install the drivers and then just see if the wireless care can detect the network you have in your house.

If its a router trying to connect to another router its will be tricky cause then u have to turn the new one into an access point if that is possible and im not sure about that.

3. dorisdiaz

dorisdiaz Member

After scouring the net all day, I think I'll just put the $10.00 linksys router on ebay, and use that money towards a belkin pci wireless card..seems much easier than trying to make that linksys an AP.

Thanks for the help though.

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

No problem. Im sorry i could not be any more help. The wireless card is the best way to go. Good Luck.