1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with xbox FTP

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by tommo120, May 28, 2007.

1. tommo120

tommo120 Guest

Hi there!
    I have had my Hard modded Xbox for about 3 years now and I've not had any trouble since i was a begginer. That is until recently when i started using vista and got a new router. I can't seem to FTP at all, I've got a copy of XP Pro installed right now as an extra OS and it still doesn't want to work. The only thing i can think of is the router is screwing it up or I've made an obvious mistake. I've got my computer connected to my router wirelessly using a USB dongle and my xbox is connected to my PC using a Crossover cable into my NIC. I'm using IE to attempt to FTP.
    Has anyone got any advice or know what i could do?

P.S. I've been through alot of tutorials

2. steimy

steimy Active member

You really should use a CAT5 crossover cable and connect the Xbox directly to the router rather than the PC. It may work for you. But in order to get some help you will need to provide a lot more information.
    1. go to start, run and type "cmd" without the quotes
    2. now in the DOS prompt typr "ipconfig/all" also no quotes
    3. write down all information
    4. write down ip address and other network settings on Xbox and your FTP program.
    5. If your router has security like mine, and it is enabled that will stop the connection. To fix this you have to write down the SSID name, security key, encryption type like WPA Personal. Best to really write it all down and store it somewhere really since you need it for any device on your network. Now you can go to the MS dash rather than your hacked dash and enter the security info into your connection settings and it will connect. And if you do have security on the router, and it is a wireless router then you need to learn how to set it up and use it. Otherwise anyone in your area can pick up your signal and use your internet because it is unsecure.

I would use XP for all of this since many peope with Vista (oh what a wonderful OS) have had problems with FTP amoung many other things.