1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with xbox networking to pc

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by 666Hate, Apr 7, 2004.

1. 666Hate

666Hate Member

maybe someone here can help me, I am a total mewbie at xbox moddification, actually i haven't even recieved my mod-chip yet, it's a executer lite 2.3 ( i also got the lite programmer, idon't know what it does but i seemed like a good thing to have)...but i'm a person that like to know what i'm going to do before i have to do it. So far I know that the chip comes with the linux cromwell bios that I have to flash and replace with X2 bios that i have to make with the Xecuter BIOS Manager...right?...then install a new dashboard, i plan on using EvolutionX, since i've read that it's widely used...I'm still unclear on all this kind of...
    But anyway, my main question is, I've read many places on how to network your xbox to your pc,using a hub, router or a second NIC card, but i am still unsure about how to do so. I have a pc with a hi-speed intercard a NIC i think it's called, i'm not using a hi-speed internet connection, i'm stuck with dial-up, so my question, can i just use a crossover cable and link the xbox directly to the pc without the use of a hub/router or a second NIC card, since i'm not using mine anyway.
    Thanks, I'm totally new to networking, this will actually be my first attempt at it any help will be appreicated.

Belive it or not i actually used the search function before posting this message, but i'm still just unclear and would like a simple answer.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]necroflesh666
    UN-modded PS2, Swap magic CD v3, DVD v2, Flip-top lid[/small]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2004
  2. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

yes you can use crossover cable, as long as you have a spare NIC free, and by the sounds of it you do as your still on 56k.
    you will need to flash your chip with another bios of your choice, one that will play your backups and homebrews. for a dashboard i would recommend either EvoX or Avalaunch.
    check out seamonkeys site, very good guides in there, http://www.geocities.com/seamonkeyguides/
    and if you need something else just look around...