1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by bomb12guy, Oct 30, 2006.

1. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I'm pretty sure that just because you installed the wrong BIOS it wouldn't be the problem. I would just make sure if you have everything installed correctly. Also there is a file or something called Slayers. I don't have a whole lot of knowledge of it, but I heard that if you get that, and install it, it will fix any problem that is wrong. But I'm not sure what it does. Check this site for something on Slayers. You will probably find something. And in my opinion, I don't think that you need a programmer to fix the problem.

2. cearel

cearel Guest

dav is wright i have the m8 bios on mine make sure ur in the bang u flashed and it should boot right up unless like he said ur chip isnt connected right

3. bomb12guy

bomb12guy Member

i installed it right and i accidently put a evox bin when i was supposed to put flashbios 3.0.3 and when i enable the chip it turns off 2 times and then turns on and stays put on a black screen and the eject button flashes red and green .... how do i fix it and put it back to normal?

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Okay, I understand that you installed the wrong BIOS. That has nothing to do with your system turning on and off. You will seriously have to open your xbox, and check all wiring. Not just for the chip, but for everything. The HDD, DVD-Rom, Power Supply, etc. There is also a switch on the chip that you can turn on so that it helps with the Flashing of your system. Turn that switch on and see what happens.

5. cearel

cearel Guest

yes he is exactly right m8 isnt wrong u can flash it with just about any bios but to reflash all u need to do is boot to ur back up like i said before by pressing the power/eject combo

6. bomb12guy

bomb12guy Member

well i checked my installation and it seems fine because before i put evox it was working fine when i turned on the chip it would go into flashbios 3.0.1 on bank 1 then on bank 2 it went on flashbios 3.0.3 so when i was going to update the chip with flashbios 3.0.3 on bank 1 via http i accidently clicked the evox bin and after that it is fragging,,, any suggestions please need help

xbox version:v1.5
    dvd drive :thomson
    modchip:xecuter 2.6CE

7. cearel

cearel Guest

i c what ur saying the only thing u can do is boot to ur back up try it with bank 1 switched to the right in the on posisition

8. bomb12guy

bomb12guy Member

any suggestions how exactly backup my modchip will a programmer be easier to use ?

9. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Okay, seriously dude, Stop with the Programmer crap. Don't get that, I've had the problems that you have been having and I fixed the problems without the lame programmer. This problem that you are having has nothing to do with the wrong Dash that you picked. It is fragging because something is wrong with the Hardware. You could have a wire, that is damaged or something like that. You may have to buy a new part to fix the problem. Just know that this has nothing to do with you messing with a different Dash. It is something to do with your Hardware. I suggest looking into your system of yours very carefully.

10. bomb12guy

bomb12guy Member

ok but then before i put the evox bin it was working fine it booted up on flashbios 3.0.3 and after that it is now fragging

11. aznboifya

aznboifya Member

i think i have the same problem with my xbox
    i press both the button and the bio comes up
    but i cant press anything on my controller
    how i reflash
    and whats with that insert disc or ftp
    what disc

12. bomb12guy

bomb12guy Member

i mean before installing evox.bin my chip was working fine and now it is fragging after installing the evox.bin wen i was supposed to put flashbios 3.0.3

13. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

You can make a Disc with the latest BIOS and Flash your system via Disc. That is how I Flashed my system. You get the latest BIOS, and put it on a CD-RW not a CD-R. The Xbox has trouble reading CD-R's, so you use a CD-RW. FTP, you can FTP the latest BIOS to your xbox.

14. cearel

cearel Guest

@aznboifya try using ur #2 controller port and make sure its a microsoft controller this make a dif for some reason

@bomb it def has to be hardware because if u pressed the backup button combo u would have booted it so check ALL!! ur wires if they are bent it can make a dif did u solder it?? if not make sure ur do wire is in

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2006
  15. bomb12guy

bomb12guy Member

k ill check

16. cearel

cearel Guest

17. bomb12guy

bomb12guy Member

before i check can someone answer this..before opening my xbox... when i was going to flash my xbox with flashbios via http the flashbios screen appeared when i turned my chip on and i was supposed to put the flashbios bin but accidently put the evox bin ii flashed the xbox then it turned off and after that it was fragging..

18. cearel

cearel Guest

so the question is???? why????

19. bomb12guy

bomb12guy Member

yeah i meant before i installed the evox.bin it was working fine when i turned on my chip it went to flashbios 3.0.3 to be flashed and when i was going to flash it via http supposed to put the bios.bin file accidently put evox.bin then right after it flashed it with evox.bin then it turned off then i turned it on and now it is fragging,,,,, well i just want to know how could my installation be wrong if it was working before putting evox.bin

20. cearel

cearel Guest

yea i see were your comming from was is it the evoxm8.bin???? what bank were u flashing??