1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Yamaha Receiver

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by ptfitzy, Apr 4, 2011.

1. ptfitzy

ptfitzy Member

Hi all. I'm new here. I could sure use some help. Back in 2009 I purchased a Yamaha Receiver Model HTR-6240. I believe it is the same as the RXV-367 back then.
    I have it connected to 3 speakers, Right, Left and Center speakers with a 100 Watt Subwoofer plugged into the Receiver's "Sub Plug".
    I seem to not be getting the amount of Bass from the Subwoofer. It's nearly turned all the way up. I raised the Bass on the front of the Receiver's Bass/Treble button. That did not help.

I originally used the Microphone for the Automatic Speaker Setup. The manual talks about manually increasing the "LFE" Low Frequency Effect Sound. It says press "Setup" on the Remote. Then select "Menu" using the Cursors to get to "LFE" and then press "Enter" again. It talks about "A)Config" to set the Speakers'Configuration. I got lost here. Next it says "Bass Out" choices "SWFR/Front/Both". Here I get lost again and I get as far as "Speaker Setup". However, I think it means using the Microphone to set it up again.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Ptfitzy

2. aldan

aldan Active member

i have a 6250 and you can set the speaker levels manually.i didnt like the auto setup with the mike.there should be instructions in your owners manual for this.i had to read mine a few times before i got it right.

3. CeddeeB

CeddeeB Member

There are only two options for you. Use the "SWFR" setting. This will send all the bass to the sub-woofer (Pre-Out). Use the "Both" setting if you have floor standing or 3-way front speakers. The amount of bass and the quality of it will depend on the quality of your sub-woofer, your room, and your source material. Honestly 100 watts isn't that much power for a powered sub. You may want to experiment with a higher rated sub, if possible, to get better results.