1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP X800pro vivo to X800Xt PE

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bakasamaz, Apr 7, 2005.

1. bakasamaz

bakasamaz Member

i soft mod my x800pro vivo to XT PE (open all 16 pipes) after soft modding i tried to play doom 3 , but it shows some black spots all over the place when i move the character. What is happening? am i overclocked it ? are the pipes defective?

2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

I must know how you did this. I didn't know you could. What is the vivo thing? I have x800PRO. You are saying you turned yours into a XT card with some firmware update?

As far as the spots play around with the Direct 3D settings. First I would try turning off trueform and turning on Wait for Veticle Sync. Do thid to see if it goes away or changes the behavior in any way. If they do behave different then try adjusting the other settings one at a time.

-Del

3. bakasamaz

bakasamaz Member

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if not doing it in half life 2 but is in doom 3 than check doom 3 site for videocard patch & faq

5. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

That third one reminds me of some old ATARI games. Do these lines/Spots stay on the objects and remian in same form? Do they remain only on object and change shape as you move the object off screen? Do the lines stay stuck in one place on your screen?

And again where can I get info on the card upgrade? Incase I get brave enough to do it.

-Del