1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Xbox FTP.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Ravoz, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

Hey guys,

Ive used these forums and the guides on this site for just about everything ive needed help with(PC related)..but when it came to connecting my xbox to my computer i was lost lol.

I think i can connect the xbox 2 ways to my pc, with my modem router hub and the other would be straight to my network card connected to my pc.

I have yet to try and connect it to the back of PC as Im currently downloading something from BitTorrent.

When i try and connect my xbox to the pc using FlashFXP i always seem to get a timeout error, Ive also checked guides on how to connect using IE6 and i always get an error saying

"Windows cant access this folder. make sure you typed the name correctly and have access to this folder"

on the settings/info page on my xbox these are the settings:

IP:(i probably shouldnt post this lol)
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    D'Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    DNS: 194.63.248.1
    Setup Delay: 5

Oh i probably should point out its a EVO X or something.

2. gilbates

gilbates Member

If you have 2 nics on the pc, you can use Internet sharing and set evox to use dhcp. But if you only have one nic on the pc, you will have to set static ip's on both the pc and the xbox.

example:
    xbox = 192.168.0.2
    pc = 192.168.0.1

using a xover cable. no router.

3. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

It might help to say "crossover cable," but anyway, it might be easier to hook up your Xbox to your network with a patch cable, so you don't have to keep unplugging your internet.

4. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

I cant disable the router..its built into my modem.

So do i have to change the modem settings to make have static ip's?

5. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

Is it also possible to place downloaded content on a DVD-R and then Install it on the HD? Cause i have around 300 DVD-R's that i could use up.

6. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

You just need to right-click your connection in windows network connections and then select TCP/IP in the small window and change your settings manually. But first you need to get your netowork information by going into a command prompt and entering "ipconfig." Then just copy that info into the fields provided. your primary DNS is your default gateway.

7. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

Im trying that but when the black pop up window comes up it just closes...

8. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

You mean the command prompt closes? I have had that problem with some commandline programs that were supposed to run in DOS mode, but the command prompt shouldn't do that. Are you sure you are at the right place? Go to start->run->then type "cmd." If that doesn't work, then something is terribly wrong.

9. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

umm i dont understand, im using flashfxp..all ive done is connected everything, so whats next? im quite slow lol.

10. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

you need to set your static IP on your computer to be in the same range as your xbox. if your computer IP is 192.168.2.12, then your xbox should have an IP of 192.168.2.1-192.168.2.11, just anything lower than 12 on the last number. if the xbox one is higher than the PC one, then change the PC one to be higher. then you can connect the xbox and connect to its IP in flashFXP. if it doesn't work then, you might try a different FTP client. I have had problems with FXP myself, and found that WS_FTP works perfect without the need to change any settings.