1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP xbox locked error 13 chinese writing

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by wolrab, Sep 7, 2006.

1. wolrab

wolrab Member

can any one please help my modded xbox has got a blank screen and chinese writing. cant ftp or access anything error 13 in the corner dont no what to do please help thank you

2. jaigle

jaigle Member

sounds like u have the same problem as me . lol . hoping were not screwd , I heard about this file.. SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer_v2.5_FINAL.exe... suppose to boot the xbox and restore it not sure tho i posted for help also

3. Monaesto

Monaesto Member

I had this error with a larger hard drive I bought. I plugged the HD in to a PC and reused my XBOXHDM disk (get from #xbins), picking option 3 for lock/unlock options, and typed "unlock -a"

That unlocked the drive so I was able to use XBOXHDM to reinstall everything on it. You'll need to travel back in time and make the factory xboxhdm disk so I don't know if this solution will work for you... so here's another thought incase Marty and Doc Brown aren't around.

With error 13, I could still play games, I think I remember someone saying Halo 2 has an update dashboard option in it somewhere -- if you can run the game, give that a shot. You can pick it up used cheap at GameStop, or just go by blockbuster.

Can anyone confirm that Halo 2 has that option? When I get home from work I'll poke around and see if I have it.

Also, I think the Ndure installer has a rescue disk you can make, with files to copy over in case your system gets blown up. Maybe you can get the 007 Game playing, and run the exploited save off your memory card (you can only do this with 007 -- MA and SC need to be on the hard drive). If you can get FTP working, you can shoot over the rescue files since I think 13 means you pooched your C drive.. or something like that.

Good luck fellas.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  4. ihavefatt

ihavefatt Member

ok same prob but can u give me a tut but i used to go to my dash and i do have mechassult on my hd but now when i put the game in it wont start run linux anymore and i have halo2 and i played xbl on it yesterday this was posted and tht did not do anything to my dash caus i still have tht eroor 13 thing and umm my xbox is unlock because when i tried to softmod i forgot to do one step so thts wht happen so its a good thing i unlocked before because i cant do anything but play games and i took a break just now to see somtin and now when i tried to go on xbox live to see if any body can help it wont connect it scx my xbox is srewed unless somebody can help me and can some body give me a link to download slayer because i heard it stores bck everything but i cant find where to download it my life sux i stupid doing a simple thing like ths so i guess thts wht life is so ya im calmed down ok so ya im bck i want my dash bck so i can go on xbl and have a modded dash or a reguler dash so i can do the softmodding tut and can somebody give me a link to give me a good tut with pics to softmod when i get everything bck to normal

thx

5. wasted05

wasted05 Guest

if u have hardmods use-slayer 2.5,,,2.6

if u have softmods use-aid 3.0

6. 1337moder

1337moder Guest

yeah basically just start over
    get the same files on the action replay
    download them from xboxmods.com or assassinsforhire.com

just as if you were starting over, continue the process, but you should get new options when you pop in your game, such as Mechasault, splinter cell, etc.

hope this helps!

7. wasted05

wasted05 Guest

u mean sid installer

8. 1337moder

1337moder Guest

well yeah
    just start over an u should be fine

9. celtics02

celtics02 Regular member

I have the same problem with error 13. I can ftp into my xbox with a boot disc i made but not into the C drive for some reason. I really dont want to hotswap it so is there any other way possible to fix error 13?

10. 1337moder

1337moder Guest

just delete everything from your xbox thats modded and start again
    ERROR 13 IS AN ERROR IN THE DASHBOARD!
    all you have to do is start over

11. ihavefatt

ihavefatt Member

yea but how do i get the files to my xbox if i dont have a dash board to transfer them on to. do i just go into the mechassult game then it should show the files on my memory card then i press it if not then wht do i have to do because i do not no how to get them on my dashboard with out the dashboard where it says settings memory music etc. so yea i put the files or sid installer deluxe on the memory card then put in mechassult then it should sho the linux files

12. TMan513

TMan513 Member

I have the same problem. I had replaced the Microsoft Dashboard with an UnleashX dashboard. Then I mistakenly formated every drive and deleted everything. Now I have no dashboards. Error 13 comes up unless I'm playing a game. I could use a file to restore it, but all the files I tried don't work. Apparently I need to get a file with the extension iso. I'm trying to figure out what file needs to be converted into an iso file or where I can get a pre-made iso file.

13. wasted05

wasted05 Guest

u have 2 options
    1.softmod- aid 3.0-auto installer duluxe 3.0
    1.hardmods-slayer 2.5 or 2.6
    2.hotswap-

14. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

you need to get AID (auto installer deluxe) off of a torrent. in the file you can extract the iso which you burn onto a DVD-r and launch it from your xbox.

15. wasted05

wasted05 Guest

...use uTorrrent

16. TMan513

TMan513 Member

I get my torrent file through xbins ftp client and every auto installer deluxe torrent files do not contain iso files.

17. ihavefatt

ihavefatt Member

wht is xbins

18. TMan513

TMan513 Member

Xbins is a place for all soft or hardmod software downloads through SmartFTP client. Note: You will need mIRC to get a username and password to go to xbins.