1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP Xecuter 2.6 install into a V1.4 (or 1.5)!!! PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by nullkill, Oct 13, 2004.

1. nullkill

nullkill Member

I just got an xecuter 2.6 lite chip, and an Xapter, and i'm trying to install them into my box. I'm have tons of problems. I can't even get the chip to recognize.

Here is what i've done/tried:
    I put the contact pins into the holes
    ooooooooooo
    ooooooooooo (Holes look like that) THen i put the xapter on, and put the pin into the d0 hole. When i put my chip on top, and push down, (like the tutorial says), the chip never lights up, and the box always boots to the standard microsoft bios.

Anyone have any help? or suggestions???
    Please!

THnx!

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

The pin header isn't used with the xapter. It's used with a solder instalation. Remove the screw on the xbox mainboard and then fit it through the xapter hole and replace. Don't tighten too much or you'll strip the threads inside the hole. Fit the chip on top of the xapter. Did you look for instructions or just guess at the instalation?

3. nullkill

nullkill Member

I didn't use the pin header. I did everythign the way it was said in the tutorials. I'm just not getting a light on the chip... Any ideas?

4. scottas

scottas Guest

Make sure the chip is facing the correct way. It can be installed on the pins backwards.

5. nullkill

nullkill Member

origional problem resolved... Got cromwell to load. Installed new bios, then restarted. Now it tuns on/off/on/off then frags. Help!

6. scottas

scottas Guest

Check your dip switch settings, if that doesn't work, reflash the bios to all banks.

7. Cerious

Cerious Member

nullkill, mine does that 2 sometimes. I have the matrix installed. Is your xbox refurbished? Try taking the A/V and power cable off and replug them back in. This works for me. Also try to unplug the hard drive and cd rom and replug it..

8. nullkill

nullkill Member

couldnj't get that to work, still frags. I'm goign to try reflashing my bios with an external programmer. (I think it has to be the bios, b/c i get the box to work ok when i disable the chip)

9. pelkerjd

pelkerjd Guest

I'm trying to install the same chip to the same generation xbox. I haven't seen these instructions, except in other chip diagrams, but could 1.5 xboxes possibly need a 3.3V extra wire + ground? Anyone want to clarify? Hmmmm....I wonder...

10. nullkill

nullkill Member

got my chip flashed with a programmer, works perfectly! Sweetness.