1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by mgreen, Oct 29, 2003.

1. mgreen

mgreen Member

I downloaded shrink30beta5. When I load a DVD in with the open file option it works out the compression for me and then I save it to my HHD. (This seams a lot simpler than all the instructions I have read, am I missing somthing?) When I burn it with Roxio it wont play. If I put the dvd in the drive it just comes up with all the files (in my computer) etc on the disk and dosent actally play them. What do I need to do. I have downloaded Nero 6 thinking it might be better but it keeps asking me for a serial number which I dont want to pay for. I have DVD+rw disks and the drive is compattable with all. HELP!!

2. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

If you look at the original movie disc, it has Audio_TS and Video_TS folders . You need to follow this format and place all your files in the Video_TS folder and then burn....

3. mgreen

mgreen Member

From what I understand Shrink does that for me. If I look at the "shrunk" dvd on my HHD all the files are named either "video_ts" "video_ts.bup" "vts_02" etc. I assume these are all the right type of files. (or am I wrong)? They are all "vob" or "bup" files. What else do I need to do! I have been trying for a week now and its getting me down.
    Thanks for the help.

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

It's not just the file types. The files actually need to be in a VIDEO_TS folder (caps required) for the player to recognize them.

5. mgreen

mgreen Member

Success!!!
    All I need to know now is if there are any types od DVD that play on xbox. The copy I have made wont play on mine. It wont play on my standalone either, (although its a crap one) I have been using DVD+RW.

6. koola

koola Guest

Datawrite v2 (Red top) work fine on my xbox. Make sure that when you write them joliet ISO mode is selected and you will have no probs!

7. mgreen

mgreen Member

Sorry for my huge ignorance but are data write v2 the actual dvd disks or the burning package. Also what the hell is joiliet ISO and how do I make sure its selected? I burn the disks with Roxio and also use that shrink package. (if that helps)Cheers!!