1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! :(

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by cwis_e, Jan 4, 2004.

1. cwis_e

cwis_e Member

Hiya Guys,

Great website its a perfect place for me to start. Basically i have bought myself a new computer and a capture card and just want to put my home movies onto a dvd.

Problem being is that i have a few tapes to go threw and after capturing one of my 8 camcorders hi8 tapes ive realise i need some sort of compression. At the moment i have about 35min and its totalling 3.92gig.

I dont know where the hect to start, i have a few didffernt codecs but they are doing nothing?

Any ideas?

2. shorty2k

shorty2k Member

You need to give us more detail in the hardware/softare you are using and the capture process, only then can we point you in the right direction, but first please do some more reading on the topics of codecs , Bitrates , compression , PAL signal NTSC signal and any thing else to do with digtal video , Video capture devices .

Good luck (there is alot to learn, but i remeber when i fisrt started i did'nt even know what the hell capture card was, now well the rest is history!)