1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jarradb, Jun 10, 2004.

1. jarradb

jarradb Member

Everytime i try and backup one my dvd matrix revolutions it keeps stuffing up. During the decrypting stage it keeps saying I/O error then when i click retry it still doesnt work, and when i click ignore it says failed to read sector. This keeps happening heaps of times. Normally if it does it once i just click ignore then it doesnt happen again. What could be happening and can i get i program to prevent it. The current programs i use are dvd srink and dvd decrypter.

2. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

First, try cleaning the disc you want to copy, check it for scratches, water marks, etc. Any of these can cause problems when encoding.

Second, if that is not the problem or you are having other problems please do a search of the posts made by others. This is a pretty common problem and is probably talked about at length on the forum.

3. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

Wait, didn't you already make this post like 7 days ago?

Is it the same disc you were having problems with then? Or is this a new disc all together?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Toshiba Satellite
    P4 HT 2.6 Ghz
    1 Gb PC2700 DDR SDRAM
    NEC Nd-1300a External
    0 to Burn in 22 Minutes

DVD Collection - http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/roeod4[/small]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2004
  4. jarradb

jarradb Member

nah this is a differrent disc. anywayz i tryed to decrpyt it again a couple of times and after a while it worked..... Hopefully it will keep working. Thanx

Last edited: Jun 10, 2004
  5. jarradb

jarradb Member

hi im still have the same problem with this disc. it isnt dirty or damaged as it is brand new and i have cleaned it alot. Everytime i try and decrypt it, it says failed to read sector for almost every sector. I looked all over the forums and guides but couldnt find exactly wat imlooking for. Could the disc have blockers on it or something? Please help.

6. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

First off, does the original disc play in you pc or your dvd player? If it does, does it have any places where it skips or gets pixilated? If the original is playing fine then take a good close look at the disc and see if there are any areas that look "discolored" or just a blotch that looks different. Your disc may have a watermark on it. Have you tried any other programs or are you just using decryptor at this point?

7. jarradb

jarradb Member

Yeh the original plays fine in dvd player and on the computer. Also im pretty sure it doesnt have any marks on it at all. At the moment i am using dvd decrypter and thats all ive tryed. Can you please tell me some other programs that are good.

8. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

jarrabd,

Uninstall DVD Decrypter and re-install. This way everything will be reset to defaul. Now instead of using Decrypter to rip.. Use DVD Shrink.

Open Shrink --> Open disc --> Click "backup!" --> Change target destination to "ISO Image File" and check box to Launch DVD Decrypter --> Click ok.

Remember to run no other programs. Just Shrink, Decrypter will run automatically. Also do you have Nero? And if you run Shrink and it give you a "encrypted movie error", play the source dvd with PowerDVD for a minute, open shrink and let shrink detect the movie, then shut down PowerDVD.

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If a brand new disc is giving errors it could be a bum one from the factory. Most players just ignore small errors which is why it'll play fine but trips up ripping apps.

I'd return it for a new one :)

10. michigan

michigan Guest

I've had that happen a couple of times and after getting a new disc it works fine. You might not see the errors but they are there

11. jarradb

jarradb Member

Hey thanx for that guys and/or gals. I ended up getting it to work on Xpress. Thanx for the tips i know ill definatley be using them later.

12. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Hey alright.. And for those who rip on 321 software, DVDXCopy isn't so bad. Goes to show it's good to have other methods.