1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Forsaken0, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Forsaken0

Forsaken0 Member

I have xcopy express. I know it don't have the css decoder so I used dvd43 with patin-coffin. these programs loaded to my os (winxp) no prob and appear to be working, The problem is when I now try copy a disk with css encripting, xcopy freezes and dvd43 gives me this message (use key exchange to get title keys) what is it talking about? is that another program, if so where can i get?

Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem so I can copy css encripted dvds?

2. colw

colw Active member

A simple workable combination for successful ripping, encoding and burning is:

DVD Shrink (free) and Nero.
    DVD Decrypter(free)is also useful for burning ISO files.

Guides and downloads for Shrink and Decrypter are available from this site.

They are enough to get you started.

As you gain experience you may want to investigate other programs mentioned in these forums.

If you are having freeze/conflict problems it is advisable to ensure that you do not have Roxio/Easy CD installed on your sytstem as these will often conflict with other encoding/burning programs.

It is also advisable to ensure that you have approximately 10 to 15 GB free space available on your hardisk to allow successful encoding/burning.

3. Forsaken0

Forsaken0 Member

I was hoping to fix my own software. I mean I payed for the program thinking it would work with all dvd's. they should tell you it don't. Grrr

4. Forsaken0

Forsaken0 Member

I tried DVD Shrink and I've downloaded DVD Decrypter. It worked. didn't realise you had to backup in iso form..lol worked it out quick though.

I have nero express. Is ver6 later than mine? what is the diff?

Thanks for the reply colw.

5. colw

colw Active member

Pleased to be of some assistance - have never used Xcopy and associated programs so could not help there (though it appears that people tend to have very mixed results with program) through reading these forums.

The latest version of Nero is 6.3..something (not sure). If you have a version that works reliably, it is not necessary to have the latest and greatest.

In addition to ISO, Nero gives you the versility to encode to VTS format as well - this should be covered in the guides.

Happy burning.

6. Forsaken0

Forsaken0 Member

Nero Burning ROM 6.3.1.15
    Nero Express 6.3.1.15

looks like my version is the latest.. :)

The only thing it don't have all the add on things. :(