1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Pexter, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Pexter

Pexter Member

hey guys,
    I need help I recently bought a pack of HP invent dvd +r discs and they wont burn in my Nec-ND 1000A dvd burner. I thought it may be a firmware problem or something but I never could find a link or anything. When I insert it into the drive it doesnt show up :( help!!

2. Willmatic

Willmatic Guest

HP blank dvds are the problem. I had the same problem with my sony dru-530a and as soon as I switched media the problem disappeared. Get a refund and buy some TDKs.

3. Pexter

Pexter Member

Thats a good idea but they were on sale and I bought alot is there anyway these discs can work?

4. Willmatic

Willmatic Guest

Try burning at the slowest speed possible. I, myself didn't have the patience so after burning about 3 coasters I took them back to staples and bought the TDKs with my refund.

5. Pexter

Pexter Member

Thats the problem dude it doesnt pick up that there is a dvd+r in my drive. Anyways I think it may have something to do with the firmware. If someone knows how to upgrade a firmware for a nec dvd burner with detailed instructions please post :)