1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by PG2115, Dec 15, 2004.

1. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

OK, I have made iso of the gmae i want to burn and when i try to play it it says unknown on xbox. Should I try new media? Also I have read a lot of tutorials with stuff about Bios, how do I know if mine are the right kind? And if they arnt how do i fix it?\

Paul

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

If your xbox boots, its VERY VERY unlikely that its your bios
    Its more likey a bad burn or bad media
    if its a philips dvd, try sony dvd+r or ritek dvd-r
    for the other 2, generic stuff like memorex dvd-r should work ok
    I use sony oem dvd-r and they work on all

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Yeah try new media. Are you using DVD-R? Those are the ones that cooperate with Xbox more.

4. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

I am using memorex DVD+R and they dont work, I have also tried TDK DVD-R and they dont work niether. Ill try some other DVD-R types and see if those work. Thanks for your help.

Paul

5. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Try DVD-R instead of DVD+R.I know it may sound stupid but try Memorex DVD-R.Also,if that doesn't work, try Verbatime Datalife Plus DVD-R or Ritek Ridata DVD-R

6. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

to back up the game correctly,make a iso of the folder with the game with craxtion4 or qwix.open nero burning rom click on cancel go on recorder select burn image select the iso u just made then check the finalise box and change to slowest speed and use a dvd-r

7. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

Do you have to finalize games and movies in order for them to work?

8. bxrvn

bxrvn Guest

I have a Phillips Drive and have had great success with Fuji and Memorex -R's. Hit or miss luck with TDK (2X speed) -R's. For CDRW's Fuji and Memorex have been good. I've also had luck with Memorex +RW's. Tried a couple of generic -R's (can't remember the name brand), they were given to me, all turned into coasters. Stick with the brand name dvd's and you should have luck.
    Hope this helps.

I have not had anything work game-wise when I finalized them. Make sure under Nero "Burn" tab that "Write" is selected. And under "Write method:" below it, you should see "Disc-at-once". You'll see these settings under "Burn Compilation" - the last step prior to selecting "Burn".

(/bold pg2115) - try some other type of -R. Let us know if this works.
    I'm not a guru, but just passing along my experience to help out.

9. bxrvn

bxrvn Guest

I have a Phillips Drive and have had great success with Fuji and Memorex -R's. Hit or miss luck with TDK (2X speed) -R's. For CDRW's Fuji and Memorex have been good. I've also had luck with Memorex +RW's. Tried a couple of generic -R's (can't remember the name brand), they were given to me, all turned into coasters. Stick with the brand name dvd's and you should have luck.
    Hope this helps.

I have not had anything work game-wise when I finalized them. Make sure under Nero "Burn" tab that "Write" is selected. And under "Write method:" below it, you should see "Disc-at-once". You'll see these settings under "Burn Compilation" - the last step prior to selecting "Burn".

[/bold pg2115] - try some other type of -R. Let us know if this works.
    I'm not a guru, but just passing along my experience to help out.

10. Leonbloom

Leonbloom Guest

Yes, so, I am new here. We are trying to figure out if we can burn DVD's and play those burned movies on my xbox? What dvd types can the xbox play?

11. punqewe

punqewe Active member

The xbox will play movies off just about any media,as far as games go some companies use different dyes and they seem to have issues with the xbox dvd drives.

I mainly use +R's since for some reason I haven't had a problem with them yet (in the past 3 years). The +R's that I've found to work all the time are mostly maxell,memorex,emtec,and HP. and the -R's that I've had work are general,pine,verbatum,and one other that has no label and I forgot what they were.

Also I don't think it would be the bios,since I am still using the old 4976.02 from a few years ago and I haven't had any issues yet. And since that possability has to do with a bios flashing....I would make that the last step to fixing the problem anyways.

PS-If you don't want to go through all the settings in NERO to burn the game,all you could do is patch your image (ISO) with craxtion4 (it will patch iso's) and then burn the image with Alcohol 120%. No settings to configure and it's easy as hell to use.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004
  12. Leonbloom

Leonbloom Guest

great thanks! My xbox is 3000kms away right now so I can't test the burned DVD movies my brother made me. I will try it out when I get home next week and give it a shot. My brother wants me to try Nero 6.6. I have a DVD-RW drive on my puter at home and I have not even tried to back-up my xbox games, I guess I could be doing that too! What a good idea, as my gf's kids (twins at 3yrs) like to put two games in the xbox at once. Good lord, merry cheers! Thanks!