1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Cheeznuts, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Cheeznuts

Cheeznuts Guest

I bought a used hard drive, 160G specifically for saving DVD SHrink files, but it's LOADED with ripped dvd movies already. I don't know how to covnert them from DIVX or even jsut to write them to a DVD. I have been doing great with dvd shrink, really easy to use, but I don't want to lose this valuable movie library. What do I do?

2. buraku

buraku Member

i assue by dvd shrink files you mean vobs and ifos? if so, that is not divx. if they are vobs, convert them to avi's to conserve storage space, unless you are planning to burn them to dvds to watch on stand alone player. if so, then go ahead and burn them and delete them from your HD. there are many guides here specifically written for that purpose, as well as dvd to avi conversions.

3. Cheeznuts

Cheeznuts Guest

I'm sorry, I guess I was too excited. They are already stored in DIVX, XVID, & SVCD formats. I don't have any ideas what programs to use to burn them to DVD's. And yes I would like to be able to use them in a standalone DVD player. I am used to using DVD Shrink with regular dvds and getting the bup, ifo, and vob files. These don't have any of that info.

4. buraku

buraku Member

just use one of the many avi-to-dvd guides on this website or the videohelp website to start authoring dvds. you have lots of alternatives. if i am burning a dvd, i will convert to mpeg2 from avi first with tmpeg, then use any dvd authoring app to create my video ts files.